A Writer's Life

Pageviews last month

Monday, May 20, 2013

Trip to Yercaud

I tripped off a hill and woke up startled. Huh, it was only a dream and the dream was our trip to Yercaud. But alas! I was kicked into the real world (which is actually virtual, in the IT world ;)


The TRI-angles of my life on the pyramids– Arun, Shobhit and Sonica made the circle of my world complete.

This geometrical adventure began with the weird angles called hair pin roads.

At the end of which was a rectangular building called The Grand Palace.


It was when we reached there that our moods changed from lifeless to LiveMore…weather changed from hot to cold, and geometry too changed its subject to art.

The artistic landscapes made me sense God’s presence, yet another time.

There was nothing more I wanted from life when I was in the pool, facing the valley.

What is it in the heights that make us feel closer to God? We tend to become spiritual. Life no more seems to be stressed, it opts for a better adjective…”happy”…it’s the serenity, the calmness of the woods that make me feel one with nature. I can see the uniqueness in me, the purpose of life, and the no-purpose of the rat race we go through, day in and day out.

While I was enchanted in the beauty of nature, during the drive, my thoughts took a hiccup as Shobhit’s comment trailed me off my reverie and I suddenly laughed uncontrollably.

Of course, the “monkey business” (quoted by Shobhit :)) too was engrossed in nature, thriving in the woods. Sometimes, I regret evolution. ;)

Weren’t we better off as monkeys, jumping from daali to daali?  (Shobhit, I said Daali and not Dalmia ;)

Life was treating us with mountains of happiness.

Amidst nature, the two friends re-lived their times with their cute tiffs and pretentious fights.

Look for yourself:



Love gained momentum too:






Moments were captured in cameras in fear of losing them with the ticking of time. But time stood still for a while, surrendering itself to the peak of emotions experienced by us all.

However, finally Time had its way. We had to let go, but only to come again to nature.

Yercaud, we will see you soon! :)

Picture abhi baaki hai, mere dost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment