A Writer's Life

Pageviews last month

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

I Love Rainy Days…

I like the slick wet roads and the reflection of lights on those

I love how the dull colors of the sky make everything else look so brighter

When looking out of the window, you see every umbrella a different color and character


The drops of water on the window panes give me the feeling like when your thirst is quenched

The first thing that comes to my mind is to forget the world and get all drenched


Then there are these happy trees

Loving the rains, you can say

Coz they are swaying happily

And looking all clean and green today


It is on these days that the tea tastes much better

Beyond looking at the rain, and hearing the pitter-patter

Nothing else is worth a mention

But the fluttering pages of the book want my attention

The puddles, sitting for hours and looking at the clouds for different characters and shapes

These were the memories of childhood that we left in haste



Every memory seems fresh in my mind

It’s like I am reliving my past for some happiness to find

I pick up my phone to call my parents and siblings

And share stories and laugh, a laugh of love

I feel like a peaceful dove.


On a rainy day, there is a tear in my eye of happiness and emotions welled up

Talking about this, my mind trailed off

Embarking on a journey of its own

Every year on my birthday, the rain God blesses my day

I make sure to take the blessings in the most humble way

Although sunny days are a favorite of most

To a beautiful rainy day, I raise a toast.


The pitter-patter of rain drops turning into rain shower, 

The nature is a unique blend of beauty and power,

It communicates in such wonderful ways

Not leaving a soul alone, these rains leave a trace

Petrichor emanating from the thirsty, dry earth

The freshness left behind is like new birth

These raindrops leave their miraculous touch

Of lifting my spirits, of making me feel loved so much

For that every drop of rain on my face, I have to lift up my head

Lift my head, I do…but I make sure to bow

To heavens above, 

As these very rains remind me to be grateful for all there is, 

The sunshine, the rainbow 

and

The Rain! 💦 




No comments:

Post a Comment