A Writer's Life

Pageviews last month

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Adventures of Tintin Turned into Embarassing Adventures


It was Hubby-N-Chubby's day out...my husband and I, respectively and logically. Women usually tend to put on weight and become chubbier after marriage...SO???? I am Ms. Chubby. No more comments, plz. Ya, so where was I. Yup, we went for this movie "The Adventures of Tintin.”  BTW, for those of you who haven’t seen it yet, go! Anyway, I was able to get dinner done before we left, but decided to skip eating until after we got back from the movie because I wasn’t very hungry then. Well, sometime after that, I got hungry. About halfway through the movie, I heard this loud TYRE FLATTENING sound and realized with alarm that it came from my stomach. And would you know it, it happened at a point in the movie when there was silence, so there was no muffling or muting by background noise.
I cast a sideways glance at my hubby and saw him giggling up as quietly as he could – he was laughing at me! So I did what any smart, self-preserving wife would do. I turned to him and using the best chiding tone, in the loudest stage-whisper I could muster, I said: “You!!!”
I call it deflection. You may call it shifting blame…

No comments:

Post a Comment