A Writer's Life

Pageviews last month

Friday, January 28, 2022

Just A Woman

When I am like water, flowing easily,

letting people around me have me as much as they want...

Being a giver, I am loved BUT wasted. 

I am not valued.

Then, I block my emotions,

I turn into ice.

I refuse to give in. I refuse to be used and wasted.

I want to be valued.

So I am boiled. I am pushed to my limits to melt down eventually and be able to quench the thirst of a man.

and so they have their way,

I am boiled. But this time i am boiled a little too much 

and i vaporize, I go away. 

Away, where i can never be caught...

Can never be trapped. 

but then when i reach the sky,

I reach the space where I feel I am alone. I want to be one with the same people again...

Its okay to be used...

Its okay, I repeat to myself.

I make myself believe.

And so I fall...fall happily creating rainbows to embrace my very own.

They feel me on their faces, and they smile and greet me,

A lot of me still goes wasted

but I realize I am not the only giver

the ones quenching their thirst of love with me survive on my love

they may take me for granted 

but its me and only me they want and not some substitute

I am therefore valued

I am a woman. 

I am a nurturer. 

I am happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment