A Writer's Life

Pageviews last month

Monday, April 4, 2022

Beauty in You Lies in the Eyes of the Child that Comes from Within You

Nearing 40, I see the difference. Subtle though, but I can see the 20s youth is not what my skin shows. 

I was really bothered by it all. What serums to use, how to keep a taut skin, how to hold on to my younger days! Not that I am old yet but I believed everything I heard and read about the importance of skin regime. 

When with friends and family, having good times, these things were the last on my mind. But when alone, I kept obsessing about this topic. So much so that, I didn’t realize I am losing out on some real good moments with my child here. 

Once when I was hooked on to binge watching videos on the topic, filling my amazon cart list with beauty products, wanting to look cool on insta, checking the make up I had since my early 30s, checking my skin for marks, trying to find a decent shade of lipstick and wearing it whilst noticing hyperpigmentation spots and so on, my son came to me and said, “Mamma, don’t apply lipstick!”

I looked at him and asked, “Why? I gotta look pretty na!”

He immediately told me, “No, You ARE the prettiest. Can you make that mousy face, so we can play?” He asked. 

We played this game where I would pretend to be a mouse and chase him around the house. I would sniff him and that would tickle him. He would laugh so much when every time I speak in a squeaky, mousy voice and tell him that he smells like yummy yummy cheese and I would relish him. 

I made that mouse-like face by wrinkling up my nose, half thinking about the fine lines that appear with all these facial gestures. To hell with that, who cares! I just left everything and suddenly I really didn’t care at all. I was back into the game and was jumping on the bed with him and busy with my pillow fights and making a pretend dungeon with the blanket and so on…

That’s my love story!

I love how I look when I look at myself through my son’s eyes. 

Sure, when we reach a particular age or a point in life, we seek validation for our beauty. I, for sure, know where it lies. “It comes from within”, they say. But not just from within our heart where we choose to feel young and beautiful.

For me, it comes from within me, from the eyes of my child who came from within me. 

I love you my son, not just coz you make me feel beautiful. But also because I see what I mean to you. I am the center of your world and you, my son, are my whole world. 

You make me feel like I never can feel low, no matter what! I feel so beautiful and so blessed to have you as my child, who thinks so high of me. You are my one and only…

I can never love you more 

coz 

there is no more than what I already love you. 

I love you more than love itself. 

I am grateful to you for being mine. I am grateful to the Almighty for blessing me with you. 

A child is a child, you cant make a child…but you make me, you made me a parent and so much more. 

Thank you my Aarav, my heartbeat, my sanity, my purpose to live, my life itself! ❤️ 🤗 😘 🌞 


No comments:

Post a Comment